New York Mixed Martial Arts Initiative (NYMMAI) Fundraiser to Support Self-Defense Programs for Youth in East Harlem Set for October 29
NEW YORK, NY - October 25, 2011 - The New York Mixed Martial Arts Initiative (NYMMAI) is pleased to announce that its annual fundraiser will take place on Saturday, October 29, 2011 from 7 PM to 12 AM in midtown Manhattan in the heart of Hell’s Kitchen. The fundraiser will support the NYMMAI’s community outreach effort, which currently includes a beneficial after school self-defense program for public high school students in East Harlem.
Attendees of the NYMMAI fundraising event will have the unique opportunity to meet key players in the mixed martial arts industry and local professional MMA fighters such as Ryan LaFlare and “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show contestant Dennis Bermudez. All proceeds will benefit the NYMMAI, a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.
According to NYMMAI founder, Justin Klein, “We are now in year two of our support for what has become an incredible and very effective after school self-defense program for high school students in East Harlem.”
Klein went on to say, “The program has effectively served as an anti-violence and emotional support group for the students who participate. Our hope is that we can continue to support even more programs throughout the city that contribute to the students’ overall confidence, safety and well-being.”
During the fundraiser the UFC 137 Pay-Per-View will be shown live, food and beverages will be served, and there will also be a private screening of the feature documentary film, “New York Mixed Martial Arts.” Attendees will be presented with gift bags featuring items from various NYMMAI supporters and sponsors.
The NYMMAI fundraising event will coincide with a charity auction on Charity Buzz, an additional effort to raise funds to support NYMMAI’s free after school programs and youth outreach.
*Below are just a few of the highly sought after items that will be auctioned off during the NYMMAI Charity Buzz auction:
• Two ringside tickets to the WWE “Survivor Series” event at Madison Square Garden. For the first time in 8 years “The Rock” will be joining John Cena and many other WWE Superstars, as he makes his return!
• MMA gloves signed by UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Ryan Bader
• MMA gloves signed by Rampage Jackson, Rashad Evans, Michael Bisping, Dan Miller, Antonio Rogerio Noguera, and Diego Sanchez
• Lunch in California with Frank “The Legend” Shamrock. Shamrock is a legendary mixed martial arts fighter and popular MMA color commentator on CBS, Showtime, and ESPN2 and actively supports anti-bully initiatives such as the NYMMAI program.
• A three night all-inclusive stay for two at Sol Melia’s Paradisus at the Punta Cana Resort in the Dominican Republic.
• MMA gloves signed by UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez
• MMA gloves signed by Fedor Emeliananko
• Fight shorts signed by Daniel Cormier
• MMA Elite shirt signed by UFC Veteran Mark Coleman
*To participate in the Charity Buzz auction, please go to www.charitybuzz.com/support/nymmai.
Supporters are encouraged to join the ‘New York Mixed Martial Arts Initiative’ on October 29, 2011 from 7 PM to 12 AM in mid-town Manhattan for their annual fundraising event. MMA enthusiasts can watch the fights and mingle with NYMMAI special guests, all while supporting a great cause!
Tickets to attend this exclusive fundraising event are $100 per person. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Please email email@example.com for additional information or to purchase tickets. To learn more about the NYMMAI and the programs that they support, please visit http://www.newyorkmma.org/.
About the New York Mixed Martial Arts Initiative:
NYMMAI is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization dedicated to preventing bullying, gang participation and domestic violence by providing and supporting community and character-building programs for inner city youth. Currently, NYMMAI is supporting an after school self-defense program for public high school students in East Harlem. For more information on NYMMAI, please log on to www.newyorkmma.org.